Club Tryouts - What to Expect
WHAT TO EXPECT AT CLUB TRYOUTS
Tryouts will be divided by age divisions mandated by USA Volleyball. Players will go through a series of drills with coaches evaluating their skills. There will be some group play along with individual skill introduction and evaluation. Players may be moved to different courts during the tryout so that different coaches may evaluate the skills in our efforts to find the best fit and team environment. In addition to skill evaluation, players will be evaluated on court play, team play, and enthusiasm and attitude! Due to the limited availability of facilities and coaches, we will only keep the number of players that we can effectively accommodate. Usually at least one team in each age group, but this varies season to season. We will keep approximately 10 - 12 players per team. The players will be selected at the end of the two day tryouts and the results will be communicated shortly thereafter.
Players must attend the tryout for their age as defined by USA Volleyball. Please make sure to check and verify your child’s age when selecting which age group she will be trying out for.
Players may be invited back by the club director to tryout for an upper age level team after attending their age level tryout. There will not be any additional fees added for a second tryout. Please let the club director know if you are invited for second tryout that you are not interested in playing up. You have already secured a position on a team if we invite you to a second tryout.
For further questions regarding tryouts and the upcoming club season please refer to our FAQ page.
Sign-in will begin 30 minutes prior to the posted tryout start time.
Please bring the following items:
1. If you did not register and paid in advance, then bring $80 tryout fee (non-refundable)
2. Parents Release and Indemnity Form
4. Appropriate volleyball gear
What to Expect:
5. Each tryout participant will need to sign-in and pick up a tryout number to be worn at all times during tryout.
6. A parent/legal guardian must be present during the 2nd day of tryout.
7. At the end of tryouts and if a player is offered a position on a team, the player commitment form must be signed, a non-refundable deposit of $600-700 (see club fee schedule) is due to Max Performance in order to secure a spot on the team.